Just Checking In!
Hello everyone! It's been a while. Obviously, I haven't been here since April of 2014. I'm not even sure if any people visit here anymore. I have probably checked my Neopets account quite a few times recently just to take a peek of what's new over there. I just have this sense that Neopets isn't as popular as it was way back when, which is really sad.
Revisiting this site makes me nostalgic. Clicking my affiliates' links and discovering their sites are closed, inactive, or evolved into non-neopets sites makes me really sad. Although it should not be a shock to me, considering I have been gone so long as well, and like me, they have probably moved on to other things. However, the longing of what was, the absence of the friendship I had with them, weighs heavily inside me.
I miss the energy we feed each other, the curiosity, the desire to learn and create a simple banner to the most elaborate user lookup. It was a joy to search through the net for a Neopets user lookup or graphics and be presented with many options from different creators. It was a joy to witness kids having the enthusiasm to learn HTML, CSS, and Photoshop. It's like everywhere you looked there's a Neopets graphics/help site. I remember during the vacation months, probably June and July, there were always new Neopets graphics sites. I miss those days, you guys. :(
This is why, I have decided to continue on with the site. I will be creating new Neopets graphics and I will be editing the ones that don't work anymore. I have noticed that Photobucket places watermarks on the images! I've discovered that just recently! I may have to pay for my image hosting...or look for other options.
Okay, wish me luck on my return to Neopets!
Labels: updates
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home